Terms and Conditions
By confirming a booking you are accepting our terms and conditions on behalf of all members of your party and accept responsibility to settle all outstanding balances. To make a reservation you must be 18 years old or over.
Rates and availability
- All rates featured on our website are offered subject to availability and the Linton Collection reserves the right to refuse any booking for good reason.
- During major sporting events, social events, conference and exhibitions certain rates may not be available and certain dates may be subject to a minimum length of stay.
- Our pricing will fluctuate depending on availability and demand at any given time. All prices are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to availability and are inclusive of VAT at the current prevailing rate. Your price is guaranteed once you have received a confirmation number.
- For the avoidance of doubt, your price does not include any incidental charges which you may incur during your stay. Such charges will be payable by you on departure and, in the event that you fail to pay any such incidental charges, it is a condition of your contract with the Linton Collection that you irrevocably authorise us to debit your credit or debit card for the amount of any shortfall.
- Any alternative apartment options / upgrades given to the guest will always be subject to availability and it is the guests responsibility to follow this up in a timely manner. We will not hold any availability without written confirmation.
Cancellation and amendments
- Bookings can be cancelled or modified free of charge up to 7 days before date of arrival.
- Our cancellation period is strictly 7 days prior to arrival. Any cancellations made from 00:00 (UK time) on the 7th day prior will result in the full charge being debited from the card provided on booking. Any cancellations made before the 7th day will be free of charge.
- Any modifications made within the 7 days prior to arrival will be managed on an individual basis. Any amendments to reserved dates will be subject to availability and may incur additional costs. No refunds will be given within this time.
- This policy does not apply to non-refundable or advance purchase bookings. Any modifications to these reservations will be at the discretion of the reservations team.
- Services performed by third parties or special services (e.g. cakes, flowers, etc.) which become useless as a result of the cancellation are to be paid by the customer in full.
- For bookings affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, please refer to our Covid T&Cs or contact us directly.
- You will be asked to guarantee your booking with a valid debit/credit card at time of booking even if no payment is taken from your card at this time.
- Full payment will be taken within 7 days prior to arrival. Full payment must be received prior to arrival by credit or debit card unless otherwise arranged with reservations. We accept the following methods of payment: American Express, MasterCard, Visa debit or credit cards.
- If payment fails and we are unable to contact you by either email and/or telephone, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without further warning.
- If payment details are not updated within 24 hours of contacting you, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without further warning.
- Non-refundable or advance purchase bookings will be charged the total price of the stay upon the date of reservation.
- Any payment disputes must be given in writing within 28 days of the transaction date.
Check in and out times
- Unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking, guests may check-in at any time from 15:00 on the scheduled day of arrival. On your day of departure we kindly ask all guests to vacate the apartment by 11:00, unless a later departure is agreed by our reservations team. Late check-out after this time can be requested but is subject to availability and may be charged at an hourly rate at the discretion of our reservations team.
Occupancy and guests
- Rooms are subject to a maximum occupancy rule as set by management. If you would like further details please contact us directly.
- We reserve the right to evict without refund if the above is breached.
- Under the Hotel Proprietors Act persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Changes or Cancellation by the Company
- Very occasionally we may need to cancel your booking. In such circumstances, you will be given a full refund but we shall have no further liability to you arising out of such cancellation. We will, however, use reasonable endeavours to try and re-locate any confirmed bookings cancelled by us to an alternative location and of a similar in standard to the apartment you had booked.
- Your booking is for a type of apartment and does not guarantee that you will be able to stay in a specific apartment or in the same apartment for the duration of your stay. If you have indicated a preference for a particular apartment through a “choose your own apartment” facility on the website, we will use our reasonable efforts to honour this preference. However, we may need to allocate an alternative apartment to you for operational or safety reasons. If we need to move you to a different apartment during your stay which a lower rate is available than the rate you booked at, we will refund you the difference in the rates.
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer damage or loss as a result of Force Majeure. For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions Force Majeure means any event which we or the supplier of services in question could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather.
- We reserve the right and you hereby authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to the apartment during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing and/or broken when you leave. The guest will be charged the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
- We accept no liability in the event that the personal belongings of guests are lost or damaged within the property.
- Left Property, with a deemed value in excess of £25, will be kept on-site for a period of three months, after which time if it has not been claimed will be given to Charity or recycled. The Company are happy to arrange for the return of lost property. The Charge for this service is £10 (inclusive of VAT) administration charge, plus the cost of postage and packaging. A variety of delivery options are available depending on the value of the item(s) and the required delivery date.
- Perishable goods left in the apartment will be disposed of by housekeeping.
Guests with impaired mobility
- Unfortunately, at the present time, not all our apartments are adapted to cater for guests with impaired mobility. This is due to the age and building restrictions of our listed buildings.
- Guests with impaired mobility or other particular requirements should check with their chosen apartment in advance that their requirements can be met. Please call us direct for details.
- Pets are not permitted in the apartments with the exception of guide dogs for the blind/hard of hearing and personal support dogs for guests with special medical conditions. Please inform us in advance of your reservation.
- Please note all public areas and apartments are non-smoking, this policy allows us not only to meet legal requirements, but also to create a comfortable environment for guests to enjoy.
- Should we believe that guests have been smoking in any apartment or other part of the building, a fixed smoking penalty of £250 will be charged for a deep clean and they will also be asked to leave the premises.
- We do not have car parking onsite but will endeavour to provide suitable recommendations for guests at all times upon request.
- Children under the age of five can stay free of charge at any of our apartments, when sharing an existing bed with two paying adults. No additional beds or bedding can be provided. Availability of suitable rooms is limited. The reservations team concerned will determine whether a room is suitable for the purpose of this offer.
- Children are welcomed throughout the property but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Large family rooms are available upon request as are cots and high chairs.
- We reserve the right to ask any guest to leave without a refund if they cause unreasonable disturbance to other guests or cause / threaten, danger / harm / injury to any guest or staff member.
- Guests are required to show a valid photo identification and credit card upon check-in.
- The customer is fully liable for food and drinks brought along being fit for consumption and absolves the company in this respect from any claims by third parties.
- The guest must not use the accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry out any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the Company or to any neighbours.
- Failures in the technical or other equipment provided by the company will be corrected as soon as possible. Payments cannot be retained or reduced if the company was not responsible for these failures.
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in any of our printed collateral, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured at any time.
- All details are correct at time of going to print, however may be subject to change from time to time.
- The Linton Collection shall not be responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation, fire, failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, technical problems with transport, illness of entertainers and bad weather), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to attempt to exclude or limit the Linton Collection liability for the death or personal injury of any person caused by the negligence of the Linton Collection or its employees, servants or agents or to attempt to exclude or limit the Linton Collection liability in any manner which would be unlawful.
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to Scottish laws.
- CCTV surveillance cameras are located in all buildings and are continuously recording for the purpose of guests safety.
- Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the accommodation is presented to guests to a high standard.
- Should the guest find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, the guest should immediately contact the Company’s representative. Reasonable steps will then be taken to assist the guest. The Company will not normally make any refunds in respect of complaints made after the guest’s departure from the accommodation if the guest did not make the complaint or the problem known during the Stay.
- If the guest wishes to comment on his or her stay, the guest should email the Company directly. All complaints made after the guest’s departure must be made in writing and emailed to the Company and received no later than 14 days after the date of departure.